Doxa offers Master and Doctoral Programs designed for the working individual with evening and weekend classes available as well with online support.
The following are the program admission prerequisites and requirements:
1. Hold a B.A. or B.S. from a regionally accredited college or university. Have a minimum of a 2.75 GPA for all undergraduate coursework (3.0 preferred). Acceptable degrees include those in counseling, psychology, or related human behavioural fields. If your degree is in a different discipline, a minimum of 9 completed semester-hours in psychology courses is required. The following courses are recommended: Introduction to Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Human Development, and Personality Theory
2. Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university attended, submitted in a sealed envelope with an authorized signature across the flap of the envelope.
3. Submit a completed application along with a $45 non-refundable application fee.
4. Submit a résumé or curriculum vitae.
5. Submit two recommendations: One recommendation must be from a former professor or instructor capable of evaluating your academic preparation for the type of degree you seek to complete with us. If it has been more than five years since your last schooling, a supervisor recommendation may be submitted in lieu of the faculty recommendation. A clergy recommendation must also be submitted. This may come from a minister, priest, or someone else who has the ability to evaluate your spiritual maturity and suitability for graduate study that will include a Christian integration.
6. Submit a Personal Goals Statement. Demonstrate an interest in counseling relative to the program to which you are applying (Human Services, Community/Clinical or School). Have clearly stated career goals that parallel the profession of counseling.
7. An interview completes the admissions process prior to submitting your file to the admissions committee for their review. Interviews may be completed by phone or in-person, and the Office of Admissions will contact applicants once their application is complete to arrange the interview. In some instances an interview may be conducted via video teleconference.